What makes a dog friendly city? Its not just the number of dogs but also the amenities available such as off leash dog parks, restaurants, accommodations and businesses that welcome and cater to dogs but also legislation that favors dogs.
- Austin, Texas – 18 dog friendly parks, a dogs only swimming spot, over 100 pet friendly hotels, a mobile canine specific food truck, loads of stunning hiking trails and even dog yoga or doga!
- Boulder, Colerado – youre not a pet parent here but a guardian.Hiking trails and a serious focus on outdoor pursuits their restaurants all welcome dogs on their outdoor patios.
- Crystal City, Virgina – Doggy date nights are the norm here with outdoor movie nights, weekly 5km runs, a Pups n Pilsner festival, a weekly Blues, Brews and Barks outdoor music event .
- Ithaca, New York – I mean if a doggy date night is on the agenda then I want it here because they offer dog friendly hotels, wineries, breweieres, apple picking farms, campsites and of course the hiking trails.
- Miami Beach, Florida – Miami has two beaches specifically designed for dog lovers and their furry friends and they also open their botanical gardens to our four legged friends.
- San Diego, California – They started the whole off leash park thing off in 1972 so it would be rude to omit this city. Theres even doggy kayaking and paddle boarding!! FUN!
- Sante Fe, New Mexico – An artist mecca that doesn’t exclude furry four legged friends opens up its art galleries to pooches and also offers countless doggy hotels, restaruants and holiday rentals.
Hails from Dublin, Ireland. Pet Parent to Poppy and also Roxy who is currently hanging out at Rainbow Bridge <3
Innovative thinker, writer, talker.
#Author 'Say Farewell, Your way'
Leave a comment