- STRONGLY recommend keeping your pets indoors.
- It’s extremely important your pet has somewhere warm and comfortable to sleep, out of the heavy snow, wind, rain.
- Still bring them for short walks. Try some high vis gear for you and your pet if you are venturing out in the dark.
- Also when out walking, keep pets well away from water pools that have frozen over. Thin ice may break under your pets weight.
- The DSPCA also adds "Never let your dog off the lead on snow or ice, especially during a snowstorm—dogs can lose their scent and easily become lost. More dogs are lost during the winter than during any other season, so make sure yours always wears ID tags."
- As in the summer and heat, please DO NOT leave your pet alone in a car during cold weather. A car can act like a freezer, keeping the cold in leading to freezing to death.
- Make sure pets are microchipped.
Hails from Dublin, Ireland. Pet Parent to Poppy and also Roxy who is currently hanging out at Rainbow Bridge <3
Innovative thinker, writer, talker.
#Author 'Say Farewell, Your way'
Leave a comment