What to do if you have lost your pet
- Contact the local society of prevention and cruelty to animals (SPCA) immediately - in ireland that is the DSPCA email firstname.lastname@example.org with all your pets details and pictures of your pet.
- Contact other welfare group as they may have your dog or cat - see below for list.
- Contact all your local vets • Put up Posters in local Vets, Post Offices, Shops, Police Stations, Travel Stops, etc. Put up signs on your regular walk route in case the dog has taken itself for a walk – other dog walkers may have seen it as well.
- Advertise in your local or even national newspaper.
- Post a photo and description to Facebook.
- If you find your pet please remember to contact all the organisations and people you have told about your lost pet so they know your pet has been found and please take down all posters and signs.
Irish Websites that can help: