1. My life is likely to last 8 to 14 years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me....
2. Give me a hot second to understand what it is you want from me!
3. Please trust me and love me and care for me.
4. Do not be angry at me for long....I can't stand it!!
5. You have your work, your hobbies, your friends and your family. I only have you.
6. Talk to me often, I love to hear your voice.
7. Be conscious that whatever way you treat me, I will never forget.
8. I have sharp teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.
9. Before you scold me for not reacting as I should, ask yourself if I might not be getting the right food, or I'm tired, or my heart is getting old and weak.
10. Take care of me when I get old. Don't say: “I can't bear to watch”. Everything is easier for me if you are there....even when we say our final goodbye.....